Comment on page
Enabling modules for your domain
MangoApps features are organized into configurable modules to provide best-in-class products. These modules combines popular applications like Intranet, workspaces, file sharing, knowledge management, messaging, training, recognition and more into one comprehensive portal. For example, MangoApps Projects module makes communicating, organizing, and completing projects easy. Projects give employees a specific membership based workspaces to post updates, share documents, track milestones, and more. the MangoApps Company module provide employees have a centralized & easy access to important company content and information, corporate policies, office procedures and employee resources As a network admin, you can choose the modules that you want to enable for your users to use on the User Portal.
Admin Portal > Modules > Setup
- 1.List of modules: Displays the list of all the modules available in your instance of MangoApps. The modules will vary based on the product you signup for. For comparison on the module collection included in the various applications, click here.
- 2.Toggle bar: Click the toggle bar to enable/disable the module on your MangoApps domain.
At least one module MUST ALWAYS be enabled on your domain.
On disabling, the functionality of a module is no longer accessible to your users.
Disabling a module automatically removes its navigation item from the LHS navigation bar on the User Portal.
Disabling a module does NOT delete any data related to it. The data is accessible to the network admin via the Admin Portal.
MangoApps 360 currently provides the following list of modules:
- Dashboard: Dashboard is a collection of widgets, data, and modules. It can be the home page for users who want to see a centralized view of all the resources they need & what's happening in their domain.For configuration, see Dashboard in the Network Admin Guide.
- Company: Enables you to communicate and engage with all your employees. The Company module helps you keep the full company up-to-date with company information, policies & processes.For configuration, see Company in the Network Admin Guide.
- Departments: Enables you to organize the intranet around your company departments. It helps you create department pages, share department updates, news, and announcements that are relevant to a department.For configuration, see Departments in the Network Admin Guide.
- Calendar: Enables you to manage corporate events, meetings, out-of-office updates, training, workshops, trips, and employee get-togethers in your company.For configuration, see Calendar in the Network Admin Guide.
- Groups: Enables you to have focused discussions in teams. Create groups based on location, expertise, or any topic that is of interest to a team.For configuration, see Groups in the Network Admin Guide.
- People: This is your company's employee directory. It has information about your co-workers in the company and gives you ways to connect with them.For configuration, see People in the Network Admin Guide.
- Files: Enables you to have a secure document management system in your company. It helps you organize, share, and keep all your work files across different devices in sync.For configuration, see Files in the Network Admin Guide.
- Quizzes: Enables you to design a set of questions which allows you to test employee knowledge, conduct competitions, and drive employee learning in your company.For configuration, see Quizzes in the Network Admin Guide.
- Surveys: Enables you to design a set of questions which allows you to conduct HR surveys, measure job satisfaction, and get employee feedback to drive up engagement.For configuration, see Surveys in the Network Admin Guide.
- Posts: Use posts to send newsletters to the entire organization or in specific teams, share company news, employee spotlight, sales' wins, and success stories.For configuration, see Posts in the Network Admin Guide.
- Questions: Help find answers to the questions your users have. This module tells you who the experts are in your company on various topics.See Questions for more information on the usage in the User Portal.
- Recognition: This module uses the approach of recognizing good work with Kudos. Leaders can use this module to influence team culture and motivate employees.For configuration, see Recognition in the Network Admin Guide.
- Hashtags: Shows you a consolidated list of all topics or keywords tagged using the hashtag symbol '#' (the number sign) in your domain. Use this module to find all posts, content, files & more about a topic or keyword that your users are interested in.For configuration, see Hashtags in the Network Admin Guide.
- Greetings: Provides a platform for your user community to celebrate life & community events, and help create authentic human connections at work.For configuration, see Greetings in the Network Admin Guide.
- Bookmarks App: Enables network admins to setup shortcuts for all users to access existing company resources or apps that are outside of MangoApps. Admins can make MangoApps the central hub by saving a shortcuts list on every user's primary navigation to web resources that users need.For configuration, see Bookmarks App in the Network Admin Guide.
- RSS Reader: Enables users to get their RSS feeds into MangoApps. RSS feeds that a user sets up are private and are not accessible to admins or other co-workers.See RSS Reader for more information on the usage in the User Portal.
- News Feed: News Feed helps your users be up-to-date with all your internal communication. Organizes all updates into primary, secondary, and @mentions for users.For configuration, see News Feed in the Network Admin Guide.
- Messages: Enables you to replace the email for internal private communication. Your users can send messages and files to a specific set of people in your company and helps keep replies threaded.For configuration, see Messages in the Network Admin Guide.
- Projects: Enables your users to collaborate and coordinate on unlimited projects. It helps your users execute on all your company projects maximizing efficiency by eliminating barriers in communication both internally and externally.For configuration, see Projects in the Network Admin Guide.
- CRM: Enables your users to use MangoApps as a CRM or integrate Salesforce into MangoApps; giving your CRM a full collaboration workspace. It helps you engage a perfect team and expertise together to convert opportunities into deals.For configuration, see CRM in the Network Admin Guide.
- Levels and Badges: Turns everyday activities on MangoApps into a healthy competition among co-workers. Use this module to increase user engagement using game mechanics.
- Notes: A personal productivity app which a user can use to make a note of anything. All notes are private and are not accessible to admins or other co-workers.For configuration, see Notes in the Network Admin Guide.
- To Do: A personal productivity app which users can use to capture their to-dos and organize their list as per their working style. All to-dos are private and are not accessible to admins or other co-workers.For configuration, see To Do in the Network Admin Guide.
- Downloads: Enables users to download the different client apps which can be used to access MangoApps. The downloadable clients include - MangoApps for Windows, MangoApps for Mac, TinyTake, MangoApps for iOS, and MangoApps for Android.See Downloads for more information on the usage in the User Portal.
Modules CANNOT be removed from MangoApps. Network admins can either enable or disable a module from the Admin Portal.
Yes, network admins can contact their MangoApps Account Manager if they want to buy/add a module that is not in the MangoApps product they have.
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!