Comment on page
Startup dialog is shown to all users on login.
You can show a modal dialog with important information to all your network users immediately after they log in. Use cases for this modal pop-up can be to broadcast announcements, an important company-wide alert or help links to resources.
Admin Portal > Domain > Startup Dialog
- 1.Enable Start Dialog: Mark/unmark the checkbox to show/hide the startup dialog on the user portal when network users and admins login on your domain.
- 2.Title: Enter a title for the startup dialog in the Title text box.
- 3.Display Settings: Choose when to display the startup dialog.
- 1.Do not automatically show the start page: Do NOT display the dialog at all.
- 2.Automatically show the start page every time a network user logs in: Display the dialog every time a network user logs in to the User Portal.
- 3.Automatically show the start page when there is a new company announcement or updated custom content since the network user's last login: Display the dialog ONLY if either there is:
- 1.a new company announcement post OR
- 2.the title of the announcement post was updated OR
- 3.the custom title was updated OR
- 4.the custom content in the startup dialog was changed since the network user's last login.
- 4.Display Options: Choose what to display in the startup dialog.
If you have disabled BOTH the display options, the system displays the following message on the User Portal - "This section shows announcements but the 'Announcement Widget' is disabled by the administrator. If you are the administrator you can enable the same from the admin portal under 'Domain' -> 'Start Dialog' section."
- 1.Enable Announcements: Mark/unmark the checkbox to show/hide the announcements section in the dialog. Only company announcements (posts marked as "Announcements") are displayed in a slider.
- 2.Enable Custom Content: Mark/unmark the checkbox to show/hide the custom content section in the dialog.
- 5.Custom Title: Enter a title for the custom content section dialog in the Custom Title text box.
- 6.Custom Content: Add text and media using a rich text editor in the Custom Content section. You can also add HTML code using the Source () button.
- 7.Reset to Default: Click the Reset to Default button to discard any changes made to the custom content and restore it to default.
- 8.Preview: Click the Preview button to see an inline preview of the custom content as displayed in the Custom Content section of the startup dialog.
- 9.Save: Click the Save button to save the modifications to the startup dialog.
A user MUST close the startup dialog to use the User Portal.
The startup dialog displays ONLY for network users and admins. Guest users do NOT see the startup dialog.
The startup dialog displays ONLY posts marked as "Company Announcements".
Startup dialog on the User Portal
Startup dialog is displayed ONLY for network users and admins. Currently, the dialog is NOT displayed for guest users.
Startup dialog is currently supported on web ONLY and not in the mobile apps
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!