Comment on page
Enabling the virus scan feature for all files uploads
Network admins can enable virus scan to scan all files (except media files) uploaded in MangoApps from any platform.
- 1.Click the toggle bar to have all files uploaded into MangoApps scanned for viruses
- 2.Click the toggle bar to have virus scan enabled only for files uploaded by guest users
- 3.Click the toggle bar to make files available during virus check
Existing files are NOT scanned when the Virus Scan feature is enabled.
MangoApps uses ClamAV to scan for viruses.
When you enable virus scan, all files uploaded via any of the MangoApps clients are checked for trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats.
At this time MangoApps is capable of detecting over 1 million viruses, worms and trojans, including Microsoft Office macro viruses and other threats. MangoApps virus scanning works within archives, compressed files and also protects against archive bombs. It also scans for files that have been obfuscated.
Yes, all files (except media files) uploaded into MangoApps including the ones via email are scanned.
Yes, files (except media files) uploaded in private 1-on-1 and team chat IM conversations are scanned for virus.
Yes, files (except media files) uploaded via the File Sync feature are scanned for virus.
When a file is found infected with a virus, MangoApps automatically quarantines it.
The quarantine process includes a few steps.
- First the file is moved to a different location.
- Then the file is no longer available for download and it is not synced to other clients/devices.
- The only operation permitted on the quarantined file is to upload a new version or to delete the infected file.
When MangoApps quarantines a virus infected file, it will notify the uploader of the file via a private message. The uploader can delete the file or upload a new version that is not virus infected.
Private message for the virus detected file
Yes, the security log will have an entry for every file that has been detected with a virus and has been quarantined.
Security log for virus detected file
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!