Comment on page
Bulk importing users on your domain
You can bulk import and invite users using a .csv file as a network admin and organization admin to your MangoApps domain. Here's a sample of the .csv file:
Fields in the .csv file:
- name: Full name of the user. Seen as the "User Name" in the list of users in the Admin Portal.
- firstname: First name of the user.
- lastname: Last name of the user.
- email/login: Unique email ID/login ID of the user. MangoApps uses this field as the primary field for linking and updating a user's information.
- dob: Date of birth of the user in the MM/DD/YY format.
- title: Job title of the user.
- location: Location of the user.
- organization: Organization the user belongs to. Must match the existing organization on your domain for successful automatic assignments. When a network admin imports users via a .csv file, the organizations are assigned as per the records in the file for the imported users. When an organization admin imports users via a .csv file, only the users with the same organizations which the organization admin administers are imported as "Active" users and the rest are rerouted to the network admin for approvals - the users who need the approval display the status as "Pending".
- phone: Phone number of the user.
- desktop_extension: Desktop extension number of the user.
- mobile: Mobile number of the user.
- manager: The manager assigned to the user for the organization reporting structure hierarchy.
- Enabled: Status of the user after importing.
- TRUE: Adds the new user and sets the status for the user as "Active". For an existing deactivated user if the value is set as TRUE in the .csv file, then the status of the user is changed to "Active".
- FALSE: For a new user if the value is specified as FALSE, then the user is not added to the domain. For an existing active user if the value is set as FALSE in the .csv file, then the status of the user is changed to "Deactivated".
- locale: The default domain-wide language for the user. Must match the text as seen in Admin Portal > Domain > Locale > Set Default Language drop-down for a successful automatic assignment.
- Office Locations: Office location the user works at. Must match the existing office locations on your domain for successful automatic assignments. The system automatically adds the users to the associated location-based group of the office location on successful assignment.
Click the View sample CSV format link to download the sample file for importing users. You must NOT change/edit the field names in the first row since it can result in mapping issues for the data.
To import users:
- 1.Click the Browse File button to open the file browser, select the .csv file, and then click Open.
- 2.In the Import options, select the preferred option for edit policy of existing users.
- 1.Select Skip the records to not update the information of existing users OR
- 2.Select Update existing users to check all records in the .csv file and update the information of all users. This overwrites the existing information of all users.
- 3.In the Additional configurations, select the preferred option.
- 1.Mark the Allow out of network users to be imported to the network checkbox to import users from the .csv file who do not have a matching company domain email address.
- 2.Mark the Auto send invites to all newly created users checkbox to automatically send invitation emails with their login credentials to the imported users with a valid email address.
- 4.Click the Import Now button.
After a successful import, the system sends an email to the network admin who is importing the users.
If the Invite users without an Email ID option (Admin Portal > Domain > General Settings > Invite, Signup & Login Settings > Invite users without an email ID) is disabled, the users without an email address are not imported. The system skips the record of such users with only a login ID for import, for example, sherlockh or irenea.
Users imported and invited via Admin Portal > Users > Add Users > Import Users are automatically assigned the "Network User" role irrespective of their email address. For example, if the network/organization admin (of help-docs.com) invites a user with the email address [email protected] or [email protected], then these users are added as network users even if their email address does not match the company domain (for example [email protected]).
All users are assigned the Network User role on bulk importing via a .csv file.
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!