Set up automatic birthday and anniversary messages with ease
With MangoApps Automation, it is easy to set up an automatic birthday and anniversary messages to go out to your employees.
To start, navigate to your admin portal. Then, select on Automation from the left hand side menu.
Several automations come fully functional right out of the box.
- 1.All: All created automations
- 2.Anniversary: All created workplace anniversary automations
- 3.Birthday: All created birthday automations
- 2.Settings: Change the Name and Picture of who the automated message is coming from. By default, it will say Happiness Manager.
- 3.Add an Automation Rule: Create a new automation rule for your site. You select to create a Birthday or Anniversary rule.
- 4.Toggle: Toggle to activate or inactivate an automation rule
- 5.Three Dot Menu:
- 1.Edit: Edit the automation rules and behavior
- 2.Delete: Delete an automation. You can only delete an automation if you created it or your are a domain admin.
The Settings menu allows you to change the name and the image of who the automated message appears to be coming from.
You can change the name to whatever you would like, provided it is 100 characters or fever. You can also upload any image you want for the user. For example, you can have the message appear to come from the head of human resources or even the CEO.
Once you are satisfied with your choices, click on Save.
From the Automation module, click on Add an Automation Rule and select either For Birthday or For Work Anniversary.
- 1.Provide a Rule Name
- 2.The trigger is automatically set to run the rule daily. You cannot change this trigger.
- 3.Set the Condition. This is when the automated message will be sent. Select from:
- 1.Early Morning (5am-9am)
- 2.Late Morning (9am-12pm)
- 3.Afternoon (12pm-4pm)
- 4.Early Evening (4pm-6pm)
- 4.Select the Greeting Category. You can select from any of the active greeting categories.
- 5.Have the system randomly select the Greeting or select specific greeting for all users to receive
- 6.Click on Next to continue
As part of the automated messages, you can also start a story collection campaign. This campaign prompts users to see a message to a user to go with their birthday or anniversary message.
Story Collection is only available when associated with an automated rule
- 1.Click the toggle to activate Story Collection. Story Collection is completed optional. You can have automated messages without utilizing Story Collection.
- 2.Select the timing condition for when the Story Collection message will be sent out. Select from:
- 1.Two days before the message will be sent out
- 2.Five days before the message will be sent out
- 3.Ten days before the message will be sent out
- 4.Fifteen days before the message will be sent out
- 3.Select who the private message will be sent to. You can select from:
- 1.Direct Managers and Peer
- 2.Direct Reportees
- 3.Followers and Following Me
- 4.Select the Subject Line of the Message
- 5.Select the Content of the message
- 6.Limit the maximum number of users who will receive the Story Collection message. You can set the limit for 10-50 users.
- 7.Click on Save to create the automated message and story collection campaign, if applicable.
The system will prioritize who receives the story collection message based on the order of the select groups as well as how active they are in the system. The more active they are in the system, they more likely they are to receive the message.
Story collection is a new report that’s available to domain admins to get insights into the users who received the story collection requests, who responded etc
Like other reports this can be requested from the ‘Reports’ module in the admin portal
From the Reports page, select Generate Report on Story Collection
Next, select the Date Range. Then, click on Generate.
You can find the report in the Generated Reports Folder.
The report will contain a Summary showing Birthdays vs. Anniversaries and Stories Requested vs Stories Received.
On the Data tab, you can see:
- Rule Name
- Rule Type
- Story Requested On
- Story Requested From
- Story Request Count
- Story Received Count
- Scheduled For
- Schedule On