Comment on page
Managing the post categories on your domain
Network admins can add and manage the categories for custom posts in the Admin Portal. Categories can be used to better organize the posts on your MangoApps domain.
Admin Portal > Modules > Posts > Manage Categories
- 1.List of categories: Displays all the post categories created by the network admins and intranet admins on your domain.
- 2.Actions: Click the Edit or Delete option.
- Edit: Click to edit the category.
- Delete: Click to delete the category.
- 3.New Category: Click the New Category button to add a new post category.
- 4.Save: Click the Save button to apply the settings to the post categories.
To create a new post category:
- 1.Click the New Category button to open the Add New Category pop-up.
- 2.Enter the name for the category in the Category Name text box. For example, enter Joinee Awards in the Category Name text box.
- 3.In the Parent Category drop-box, select the parent category for the hierarchy of the category. You can create a category without a parent by selecting the No Parent option in the drop-down.You can add up to only three levels of categories in the hierarchy in MangoApps; a parent category can have only up to two levels of sub-categories.
- 4.In the Add New Category pop-up, click the Save button to add the category. ORIn the Add New Category pop-up, click the Save & add another button to save the created category and add a new one without closing the Add New Category pop-up.
- 5.Click the Save button to save the new created category on your domain.
Categories can be nested only up to 3 levels in MangoApps.
Adding a new posts category
Drag-and-drop the categories to re-order them. You can also drag-and-drop categories under parent categories for automatically structuring the post's hierarchy.
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!