Comment on page
Configuring the domain-wide chat delete settings
Delete settings from Compliance, allow admins to control whether users are allowed to delete private messages and chats.
Domain admins can disallow deletes if they have legal requirements that require them to keep all messages.
Delete Settings, provides the following types of settings:
- Private Chat & Messages
- Team Chat
Private Chat & Messages allows you to control whether you can delete private messages and chat from Instant Message (IM) conversations.
- No one can delete messages: Select to prevent users from deleting any sent message and 1-to-1 chat.
- User can delete own messages: Select this option to allow users to delete the messages and 1-to-1 chat messages they have sent. This is the default option.
Team chat settings provide control to allow or prevent users from deleting messages from the team. Team here includes projects, groups, departments, and adhoc-chat groups.
- No one can delete messages: Select to prevent users from deleting any chat messages in teams.
- Only team admins & network admins can delete messages: Select to allow only team admins and network admins to delete chat messages in the teams. Admins can delete their own and other user chat messages in teams.
- User can delete own messages: Select to allow users to delete the chat messages they have sent in teams. This is the default option.
- Click Save to apply the chosen settings.
Modifications to the Delete Settings creates a log entry in the Audit Log.
Users can delete the messages which they have sent to other users/teams from the web portal, desktop and mobile client applications depending on the configurations in the Delete Settings.
- 1.Go to User Portal > Chats module page.
- 2.Click the preferred private/team chat conversation.
- 3.Click the(three dots) button to open the pop-up and then click Delete Specific Messages option.
- 4.Mark the messages you want to delete and then click the Delete button to open the Confirm pop-up.
- 5.In the Confirm pop-up, click the Delete Selected Messages button to permanently delete the messages from the private/team chat conversation.
User Portal > Chats
Yes, guest users can delete the messages which they have sent to other users/teams depending on the configurations in the Delete Settings.
No, deleted messages CANNOT be restored in MangoApps, not even by network admins.
Deleting messages does NOT move the messages to the system Trash Can and permanently deletes them from the domain.
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!