Comment on page
Configuring the sections and profile fields for the users' profile
Network admins can create and manage the pre-shipped profile sections, profile fields, and add custom sections/fields for the users' profiles via the Admin Portal in MangoApps.
Network admins can customize the user profile information for all users by enabling/disabling the preferred sections & custom fields as per the company requirements. For example, you can add a custom field for an employee's social security number or emergency contact number to be specified in their profile.
Admin Portal > Modules > People > Full Profile
- 1.Sections & Profile fields: List of all pre-shipped sections, profile fields and custom fields for the People module on the domain. Mark the checkbox for the sections/fields to enable them on the users' profile on the User Portal. If unmarked, the section/profile field is NOT displayed on the User Portal for any user. Drag-and-drop the profile fields to reorder them on a user's profile page. You can move profile fields to different sections by dragging-and-dropping them in sections. Each field displays a unique icon after the last character to depict the edit mode of the field.
- No icon: Editable field. Any user can edit the content for the field in their profile via the User Portal.
- Asterisk icon: Required field. A user must enter the details for the field in their profile. The system checks the required condition for the field on a profile's Create action or an Edit action on the User Portal.
- Read Only icon: Non-editable/read-only field. Only network admins can edit the field content. A user CANNOT edit the content for the field.
- Info Text icon: The field has a help text/information tip added to it. The help text appears when a user hovers the pointer over the info () icon.
- User Controlled Visibility icon: The visibility of the field's content can be controlled by the user in their profile. Users can choose the content visibility to be:
Users CAN override the admin-selected default visibility on the profile page.
- Public - visible to all users on the domain. OR
- Private - visible only to the user and the network admins.
- Open Section: Click the(Open section) button to open the section and display all the fields in it.
- Close Section: Click the(Close section) button to close the section and hide all the fields in it.
- Edit: Click the(Edit) button to edit the section/profile field.
- Delete: Click the(Delete) button to delete a custom profile section. You CANNOT delete the pre-shipped profile sections in MangoApps.
- 3.Add a Section: Click the Add a Section button to create a new fields section.
- 4.Setup Custom Fields: Click the Setup Custom Fields button to open the Setup Custom Fields pop-up and create/manage custom fields.
- 5.Save Settings: Click the Save Settings button to apply the settings to the module.
By default, the profile photo and first & last name fields are enabled to display in the profile and CANNOT be disable.
Custom fields let you add additional data to people in MangoApps. You can create a field for stage, priority, cost, or anything else that’s important to your workflow, team, and company.
To add a new custom field, click the Setup Custom Fields button to open the Setup Custom Fields pop-up:
Adding a new custom field
- 1.In the Setup Custom Fields pop-up, click the New Custom Field button.
- 2.Enter the name for the new custom field in the Field Name text box. For example, enter Social Security Number.
- 3.Select the type of the field from the drop-down list. For example, select Single Line Text from the drop-down list.
- 4.Mark the Available as Search Filter check box to add the custom field to the search filters list on the User Portal to allow users to search the People directory using the custom fields. This is an optional step.
- 5.Click the Save button.
- 6.Click the Close button to exit the pop-up.
Custom fields can be mapped to external APIs for syncing data.
To configure a profile field/custom field, click the
(Edit) button for the preferred field to open the Field Properties pop-up:
Configuring a profile field
- 1.In the Field Properties pop-up, click the toggle bar for Required Field to set the field as a mandatory profile field on the User Portal.
- 2.Choose the preferred Edit mode for the profile filed.
- Editable: Select the Editable option to allow users to edit the content in the profile field. OR
- Readonly: Select the Readonly option to restrict users from editing the content in the profile field. If selected, only network admins can edit the content in the profile field.
- 3.Enter the character limit in the Character Limit text box for the profile field.
- 4.Enter the optional help/info text for the profile field in the Info Text text box.
- 5.Click the toggle bar for the User Controlled Visibility for the profile field. If enabled, allows users to mark the profile field 'Public' or 'Private' and choose to display/hide its value from other users on the domain.
- 6.Choose the preferred Default Visibility of the profile field on the User Portal.
- Public: Select the Public option to, by default, display the content of the field to all users on the domain. OR
- Private: Select the Private option to, by default, hide the content of the field from all users on the domain.
- 7.Click the Save button to save the configurations to the profile field.
- 8.Click the Save Settings button to save the profile configurations to the People module.
In the Setup Custom Fields pop-up, click the
(three dots) button for a field and then click Edit to edit the custom field.
In the Setup Custom Fields pop-up, click the
(three dots) button for a field and then click Delete to delete the custom field.
Deleting a custom field removes the custom field from the user's profile along with the value specified in it on the User Portal. For example, if 50 users have values assigned to the Social Security Number (a custom profile field) and the network admin deletes the Social Security Number custom field from the Admin Portal, the custom field and the value specified for it gets deleted from all the 50 users' profiles.
Deleted custom fields and their values CANNOT be recovered once deleted.
You can use profile sections to categorize and organize the pre-shipped and custom profile fields on a user's profile on your MangoApps domain.
To add a new profile section and add fields in it:
- 1.Click the Add a Section button.
- 2.In the Field Properties pop-up, enter a name for the new section in the Section Name text box. For example, enter Tax-related Information in the text box.
- 1.Click the Save button to save and add the new section in the profiles.
- 3.Click the(Open section) button to open a section and display all the fields in it.
- 4.Drag-and-drop the preferred fields in the new section. For example, drag-and-drop the Social Security Number field in the Tax-related Information section.
- 5.Click the Save Settings button to update the full profile settings.
Adding a new profile section
Un-mark the checkbox for a custom section to hide it on the User Portal for all users.
Hover over a section, click the
(Edit) button to edit the label of a profile section and press ENTER to apply the changes.
Hover over a section, click the
(Delete) button to delete a custom profile section.
You CANNOT delete a pre-shipped out-of-the-box profile section.
Deleting a profile section automatically moves the profile fields within it to the last profile section in the list.
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!