Comment on page
Create an engaging notification channel for your employees
Digital signage is a dynamic communication tool that uses digital displays, such as LED or LCD screens, to convey information, advertisements, and interactive content to a targeted audience, such as your employees. With the ability to remotely manage and update content in real time, it replaces traditional static signs and posters, offering versatility in displaying text, images, videos, live data feeds, and more.
Digital signage is widely used in various settings, including retail stores, corporate offices, and public spaces, enhancing engagement and delivering relevant information efficiently.
With MangoApps Digital Signage you can display recent company posts, alerts, and recognitions on any screen in your workplace. MangoApps Digital Signage continually cycles through the 50 most recent company posts, non-expired alerts, and/or recognitions to active users. Once enabled you can add your API Key and the system will generate a URL that you can enter in to your digital signage platform to display the selected content.
- 1.Enable Digital Signage - Toggle this option ON to enable Digital Signage and reveal more menu options
- 2.Select Format - Pick the preferred data format for your digital signage provider. MangoApps offers HTML and RSS. By default, MangoApps will return HTML format.
- 3.Enter API key - The API key can be copied from Integrations > Open APIs. Any valid, enabled API key can be used here to complete the URL. For more information on Open APIs within the Integrations menu, click here. Note that the API permission level can be set to only Read.
- 4.URL - The URL that will return the recent, non-expired company alerts, non-archived company posts, and/or active user recognitions from your domain. Please be sure that the API key entered above is enabled. If you want to filter the list for a specific location, append the 'loc' query parameter with the 'location name'. For example, "&loc=San&20Francisco" Once your URL has been generated, you will have the option to copy it by clicking theicon. You also have the option to preview your Digital Signage by clicking the Preview button. For posts, the main graphic displayed will be the Featured Image.
If a user does not have the mobile app and scans the QR code, they will be directed to the app store to download the app.
Each slide is set to a 10 second delay.
- 5.Include - Select the types of content you want to be included. Set limits per content type. Each selected content type will be ordered by recency. Expired alerts, archived posts and recognitions to de-activated users will NOT be included.
- Content Types - Check the box(es) for the content type you would like included in your Digital Signage.
- Limit - This option allows you to set the maximum number of items per category that will be displayed in the Digital Signage feed. You have the flexibility to set limits for each content type, ranging from as low as 5 items to a maximum of 50 items.
- 6.Background Color - Use this setting to establish the background color for screens that do not feature full-size images. The recommended image size for a post being featured in the Digital Signage feed is 1250 x 773.
Once you have generated your URL and made your changes, make sure to SAVE!
This section provides a step-by-step guide to help you seamlessly integrate your digital signage with various external services like ScreenCloud, AppSpace, Look, NoviSign, and more. For the purpose of example, we will be using ScreenCloud.
Access the external service's website or application. If you're a new user, sign up for an account. If you already have an account, simply log in.
Make sure your digital kiosk (e.g., Service Desk, laptop/desktop, iPad, Android Television, etc.) has the external service application installed.
For instance, if you are using ScreenCloud, ensure that the ScreenCloud application is installed on the device you intend to use.
In the external service application, begin by adding your first screen or display.
Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup. This may include authorizing the application on your smart Android Television or kiosk iPad device. If required, follow the authorization process on your device as prompted by the external service application.
Once your external service account and digital kiosk are set up and authorized, navigate to the "Links" or a similar section within the service's interface.
Locate the option to add a new "Digital Signage" URL.
After adding the "Digital Signage" URL, your configured content such as posts, alerts, announcements, rewards, and recognitions will start displaying on your smart television or kiosk.
Congratulations! You have successfully integrated your digital signage with an external service. Repeat these steps for each additional service or application you wish to integrate with your digital signage setup. This integration will allow you to showcase dynamic content and maximize the impact of your digital signage across various platforms.