Comment on page
A quantitative view of content interactions within your domain
MangoApps Content Analytics provides a clear view of the quantity of content being generated, along with the aggregate metrics of views, likes, and comments contributed by both network and guest users. This tool serves as a valuable resource for assessing the level of interactivity and engagement within the domain.
The Content Analytics page provides useful tools for organizing data according to what is most relevant to you.
Choose the filter for content analytics data. This allows you to both view and download content analytics for a designated date range:
- Yesterday: Select to display the content analytics for the previous day.
- This week: Select to display the content analytics for the current week.
- Last week: Select to display the content analytics for the previous week.
- Last 2 weeks: Select to display the content analytics for the previous 2 weeks.
- This month: Select to display the content analytics for the current month.
- Last month: Select to display the content analytics for the previous month.
- Last 12 months: Select to display the content analytics for the last 12 months. If the domain is active for less than 12 months, then the number of months the domain was active is taken into account.
By default, the system displays the content analytics for each day of the previous month.
Network admins can compare the content analytics between the two previous time periods or same time last year to see the increase in adoption.
Content analytics can be compared only for the Yesterday, This week, Last week, Last 2 weeks, This month, and Last month date ranges.
To compare content analytics:
- 1.Select the preferred date range - Yesterday, This week, Last week, Last 2 weeks, This month, Last 12 months OR Last month; from the drop-down. For example, select Last Month (Aug 01, 2023 - Aug 31, 2023) from the date range drop-down.
- 2.Mark the Compare to checkbox to display the comparison date range drop-down.
- 3.Select the preferred comparison period - Previous period or Same period last year; from the drop-down. For example, select Previous period (Jul 01, 2023 - Jul 31, 2023) and then click the Apply button.
To export content analytics, click the Export Report drop-down and then click the CSV option to export and download the Content Analytics.
To export content analytics, click the Export Report drop-down and then click the PDF option to export and download the Content Analytics.
Content analytics PDF preview
The Export Report for comparison data can be exported as well:
Select the preferred line chart report view. The line chart can be displayed for Day, Week, or Month. Use these views to track trends in content engagement and to view overall content and interaction totals.
This interactive visual presents content analytics data within the selected date range for New Content, Views, Likes, and Comments. The data is presented as a line chart according to the chosen report view. These convenient views allow you to examine data on a daily basis for individual insights.
These succinct summaries offer an instant overview of the aggregated data for four categories throughout your selected date range: New Content, Views, Likes, and Comments. Clicking on each category further simplifies the graph view, enabling focused examination of specific data points.
All activities are recorded in real-time for calculating the counts.
This metric represents the overall quantity of new content published during the specified date range. This content stems from various user activities conducted within the MangoApps domain, including status updates, private messages, wikis, posts, pages, documents, ideas, files, and more.
The activities considered as content include:
Whenever any of the above content types are created within the domain, the count is increased using a proprietary algorithm.
Note: Deleted content does not decrease the count.
This metric quantifies the amount of content that users have accessed within the MangoApps domain. Each instance of viewing content is counted separately, even if it occurs multiple times.
Views are counted only for posts, pages, wikis, and files. If content is viewed multiple times, it is counted as many times as it is viewed. Also, marking all as read, increases the counts by the amount of unread activities.
A deleted account does not decrease the count of views on the content.
This metric represents the cumulative count of comments and replies posted on content.
Comments posted on content and the replies to the comments are included when calculating the comments count.
A deleted comment does not decrease the count.
This metric encompasses the overall count of like and other reactions received on content. All reactions are included when calculating the likes count.
A deleted post or already liked comment will not change the count.
Only admin users will be able to view & download the Content Analytics, unless the site admin has granted view rights to all network users. If access has been granted to non-admin users, guest users will NOT be able to view the analytics.
Factors used for calculating the content analytics are:
- The total count of new content: The content generated by the various activities done by the users on the MangoApps domain, such as status updates, private messages, wikis, posts, pages, documents, ideas, files, etc.
- The total number of views on the content: The total number of views on the content within the date range. Views are counted only for posts, pages, wikis, and files.
- The total number of likes on the content within the date range.
- The total number of comments on the content: Comments posted and replies to the comments are included when calculating the word count.
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!