Comment on page
Configuring the domain-wide settings for Email
Network admins can configure the incoming and outgoing email settings from the Admin Portal.
Admin Portal > Email > Configuration
- 1.Outbound Email: Configure the settings for email notifications sent out from the MangoApps system.
- All Email Notifications: Mark the checkbox to disable all outbound email notifications to your users. However, emails for Login Token, Report a Problem, Report Translation Issues, and Send Feedback are sent out irrespective of the option being enabled.Use this option when you need to setup the domain prior to anyone getting notified.
- Support Email ID: Enter a valid email to redirect all support-related emails on your domain triggered via the Report a Problem and Report Translation Issues options in the Help Center.Ideally, this email address would not belong to any network/guest user.
- Feedback Email ID: Enter a valid email to redirect all feedback-related emails on your domain triggered via the Send Feedback option in the Help Center.Ideally, this email address would not belong to any network/guest user.
- User from which all emails will be sent: Enter the name which will be displayed in the user's email inbox for email notifications.
- 2.Inbound Email: Configure the settings for incoming emails from external email providers to the MangoApps system. MangoApps provides full 2-way email integration, so users can participate in conversations simply by replying to email notifications. Users can also include attachments in replies. These replies automatically get added to the appropriate conversation thread in MangoApps.
- Content via Email: Mark the check box to enable content to be posted into your network via external email providers. If enabled, users can forward emails into teams as updates , reply back to MangoApps sent notifications over email, upload files into a folder via email, and forward email as a Private Message to a user's unique MangoApps email address via external email providers such as Gmail, Outlook, etc.
- 3.User Email Addresses: Every MangoApps user can be assigned an unique MangoApps email address used for private messages.
- Assign MangoApps Email addresses to all users: Click the toggle bar to assign each network & guest user a unique MangoApps email address. An email send to a user's MangoApps email address is received as a Private Message in MangoApps.
- Email Address Format: Display the format of the unique MangoApps email address.
- 4.Save: Click the Save button to apply the configurations for email.
If the outbound notifications are turned OFF, no other outbound emails are sent including invitation and password resets.
Inbound emails are received successfully only if:
- the email address is a valid email address of an existing network user, OR
- the email address is a valid email address of a non-network user added in the 'Accepted List' in the Email settings. AND
- the user is a member of the team they are replying to.
If comments on the respective post or page are disabled, the email bounces back.
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!