Create a forum for network and guest users to collaborate
Groups are peer-to-peer forums designed for discussions and collaboration among colleagues who share similar interests, job locations, job functions, or for targeted communications. They are useful for organizing people within a company in a more specific manner. A practical example of a group is when you have multiple retail or office locations and need to organize the employees working at each location for effective communication. Furthermore, groups can be utilized to bring together individuals from different functional areas within a company to work together on specific causes or social efforts. For information on admin tools for this module, click here.
- 1.Search: Use the search function to find a Group by entering relevant keywords. The search program will look for the input keyword in both the Group title and its content.
- 2.Sort Group View: You can sort the view of all Groups based on categories. You have the option to sort them by All Categories, by Department, or by a specific Category.
- 3.Filter Group View: You can apply filters to the Group view to refine the displayed Groups. You have the option to filter Groups to show All Groups, Groups you belong to, Archived Groups, or Group Templates.
- 4.View: You can customize the arrangement of Groups in the menu view. Choose between Grid View or List View to display Groups based on your preference.
- 5.Sort By: Sort Groups either alphabetically or by their latest activity. Additionally, you can further specify whether you want them to be sorted in ascending or descending order.
icon represents default groups, which are automatically assigned to all users. Private groups, on the other hand, are indicated by a padlock
symbol. Joining these groups requires permission.
- 1.Search in Group: Use the search function to find specific content by entering relevant keywords.
- 2.Share an Update: Compose and post an update to the Group regarding current tasks. You can include various content such as files, GIFs, and emojis. Additionally, you have the option to request read receipts for your updates.
- 3.Write a comment: Compose and post a comment on the content that has been uploaded within the group.
- 4.Pin It: Pin a Group to add it to a short list for easy reference.
- 5.Add Network Users: Take advantage of this feature to add users from your network to the Group. You can add multiple users at once.
- 6.Add Guest Users: With this option, you can invite Guest Users who are outside your network to join the Group by providing their email addresses.
- 7.Get Share Link or Email: This option provides you with a shareable link to the Group as well as the Group's email address.
- 8.Your Notification Preferences: You can update your web and mobile push notification settings for the Group according to your preferences.
- 9.Join Chat: Join the Group's instant message group chat in MangoApps Messenger or through the web browser if an Admin has enabled it.
- 10.Assign Categories: Specify the category or categories that the project belongs to. This selection will assist other users in locating the project when sorting the project view by category.
- 11.Leave Group: Click on this option to leave a Group that you have been added to. By leaving the Group, you will no longer receive any further messages or notifications from it.
- 12.Group Quick Summaries: On the right-hand side of the Group, you will find quick summary widgets based on the active Group Modules. Your Notification Preference, Group Summary, and Group Hashtags will always be displayed, even if no Group Modules are toggled as visible. Only administrators have the ability to select which Group Modules appear to everyone in the Group.The following Group Modules have Quick Summary widgets:
- Tasks - When toggled on, this Module will display a Group Health widget in the right hand Quick Summary widgets.The task health of a Group will display as:
- "-" : A majority of tasks have been completed or have not past their deadlines
- At Risk: Some tasks are in danger of passing their deadline dates
- Not on Track: A majority of tasks are overdue and past their deadlines
- Members - When this module is toggled on, it will display two widgets in the Quick Summary section: Members and New Joinees. The Members widget will be divided further into two categories: Members of the network and Guest Users.
- 13.Left Hand Navigation Menu: The left-hand navigation menu shows all the Group Modules that have been added by the project creator or an administrator. The administrator has the ability to change the order of the modules or toggle them off to display only a newsfeed for the Group. For more information on Group Modules, click here.
Groups should be used when needing to further organize people within the company. One great example of a group is when you have multiple retail or office locations and need to organize all the people that are working at that location for communication purposes. In addition, groups can be leveraged to activate cross functional area of a company around a cause, social efforts, etc.