Measure job satisfaction, evaluate performance, and get crucial feedback from employees.
Surveys enable you to design a set of questions which then allows you to conduct HR surveys, measure job satisfaction and get employee feedback to drive up engagement.
Select Surveys from the left-hand side menu.
- 1.Survey Title: Your title needs to be 100 characters or fewer
- 2.Take the Survey: You have this option for any survey open and available to you
- 3.View Insights: If you are an admin or the creator of the survey, you will be able to see survey results as they come in
- 4.View Surveys: You can filter by:
- 1.All surveys
- 2.Mandatory surveys
- 3.Surveys I have created
- 4.Surveys I have taken
- 5.Survey in team I administer
- 5.Published: You can filter by:
- 1.All time
- 2.Last 1 year
- 3.Last 6 months
- 4.Last 3 months
- 5.This month
- 6.This week
- 6.Appearance: Change how the surveys are displayed
- 7.Order: Change the order of the surveys
- 8.Summary: If you have admin rights, you can download a .xls file of survey statuses. Information includes:
- 1.Survey Title
- 3.Audience Count
- 4.Audience Who Completed the Surveys
- 6.Conducted By
- 7.Published Date
- 8.End Date
- 9.New Survey: Create a new survey
- 1.Copy Link to survey for easy sharing
- 2.Edit Survey: This option is only available to the survey creator and admins. Once a survey is open, you can edit:
- 1.Survey end date and time
- 2.Marking a survey as mandatory
- 3.Who has access to view insights
- 1.Survey Creator and Admins
- 2.Survey Creator, Admins, and Survey Takers
- 4.The access level to view insights
- 1.Full access
- 2.Engagement and responses only, no user details
- 3.Engagement only, no responses and no user details
- 3.Clone Survey: In the newly cloned survey, you will be able to make additional edits and choose the audience before publishing it.
- 1.All the questions along with their answer choices will be cloned
- 2.Preference settings will not be cloned
- 3.Responses & audience details will not be cloned
- 4.In the newly cloned survey, you will be able to make additional edits and choose the audience before publishing it
- 4.Close Survey: You can close a survey at anytime, regardless of the set end date. Closing the survey will result in users no longer being able to answer or resume the survey. This option is only available to the survey creator and admins.
- 5.Delete: Delete the survey. Deleting the survey will result in deletion of all the responses and insights for the survey. This option is only available to the survey creator and admins.
- 6.Take the Survey: You can take any survey that is available to you, including ones you created
- 7.View Insights: View survey results. The level of details in the insights is dependent upon the preferences set by the survey creator
Survey creators and admins are the only ones who can close a survey.
Locate the survey you want to close. Then, click on the three dots menu and select Close Survey
You will be asked to verify that you wish to close the survey. Select Yes to proceed with closing the survey.
If you are an admin or the survey creator you can reopen a survey.
Locate the closed survey. Next, click on the three dot menu. Next, select Reopen Survey.
You will be asked to confirm that you wish to reopen the survey. Select Yes to continue.
If you did not create a survey, you have a different options available to you.
- 1.Take the Survey: You can take any survey that is available to you. The system will show you the title and length of the survey. You can leave the survey at any time. Your progress will be saved and you will be able to resume the survey later, as long as it is still open.
- 2.View Insights: The level of detail in the insights is dependent upon the preferences set by the survey creator. If you do not see this option, then the survey creator did not grant access to survey takers.
- 3.Add a Reaction: You can add an emoji reaction to the survey post
- 4.Pin It: You can pin the survey post for easy access at a later time
- 5.Copy Link for easy sharing
- 6.Set a Reminder: You can set a reminder to appear on your personal calendar
- 7.Hide Feed: You can hide the survey post and all the responses
If you are the survey creator or if they survey creator has granted permission, you can see insights from surveys.
From the Surveys screen, located the survey you would like to see insights for. Then, click on View Insights.
If you are the survey creator you will have complete insights that include and engagement pie graph and a breakdown of all survey answers.
If survey takers have been given permission by the survey creator to view insights they will see similar information, depending on the view levels granted by the survey creator.
- Are generally used to quickly gauge opinions or preferences on a specific topic
- Are made up of only one question
- Typically have only a few response options
- Can be useful for getting a quick snapshot of how a group of people feel about a particular topic
- Can be conducted in real-time or over a short period of time, such as during a meeting or as part of a post.
Best Practice: To boost engagement, share a “Poll of the Week/Month” at the start of each work week/month. Posting early in the week will give you a chance to collect the results and follow up with a summary.
You can ask a question around the business/product/service or something social, fun and timely. Here are some ideas:
- Are you excited for this year’s New Product Expo?
- Do you love McDonald's Shamrock Shakes?
- Who do you think is going to win March Madness?
- Are more comprehensive and are designed to gather detailed information and feedback from a group of people
- Are typically more than just one question
- Can include a wider range of questions and response options
- Can be used to gather feedback on a variety of topics such as customer satisfaction, employee engagement or even market research
- Are often conducted over a period of days/weeks/months
- Have more in-depth results that can be analyzed to gain insights into the opinions and behaviors of the participants
- Ask for feedback on employee benefits
- Get input on ways to improve monthly company meetings
- Get a pulse check on employee satisfaction
Just like with polls, surveys results can be assembled into a post and shared with additional thoughts and recognition for the participants.
MangoApps offers both Polls and Surveys within the platform, and customers use them in a variety of ways to build and sustain engagement with their employees.