Find what you need quickly and easily
MangoApps search makes finding what need in the system easy. You can search for people, files, posts, hashtags, and more.
The search bar is located at the top of the screen.
As you type into the search bar, the system begins to render search results. If you do not find what you are looking for, click on Click Here for a full content search. MangoApps supports deep search of the full network by searching inside the actual content across all teams, posts, wikis, files and more.
As you begin your search. You can filter what you are searching by. You can filter by:
- Expertise and People
- Pages, Posts, Wikis, and Notes
To complete an Advanced Search, click on Advanced in the search bar.
- 1.From User
- 3.Date Updated
- 2.Filter Results:
- 1.Equal to - The result set will return search results equal to the User or Team specified.
- 2.Not equal to - The result set will return results that exclude the User or Team specified.
- 3.On - Only displayed for dates. It means the action occurred within the 24 hour period of the date specified.
- 4.Before - Only displayed for dates. It means the action occurred before the specified date.
- 5.After - Only displayed for dates. It means the action occurred after the specified date.
- 6.Range - Only displayed for dates. It allows you to specify a date range to narrow the search results.
- 3.Display results must meet:
- 1.All - Only the results that meet all the parameters will be shown
- 2.Any - Results that meet at least one of the parameters will be shown
- 4.Search or Reset search parameters
You can add as many search parameters as needed, but selecting ALL and including a large number of parameters will result in a smaller results pool.
The table below shows which MangoApps modules are searched when specific search options are chosen. Since “Full Network” is the most comprehensive search, it is shown last in the list because it includes everything in the list for its search criteria
Advanced filtering capabilities are available with the new search. Search results get narrowed instantly as you select a filter. Filtering options include:
- Result types
Sort options enable the matching results to be ordered in multiple ways. Search results get re-ordered instantly as you select different sort options. These options are:
Show: By selecting the "show" option, you can view searches made on pages 10, 20, or 50. Sort By: You have the option to sort the search results based on criteria such as "best match," "newest," or "oldest." This lets you organize the search results according to your preferred sorting preference.
Time Frame: The timeframe feature lets you view search results based on different time intervals, including all hours, the last hour, the last 24 hours, the last week, the last month, the last year, or a custom-defined timeframe. This functionality allows selecting the specific time range to retrieve search results.
- Get Link: you can copy the link of a search item and copy to clip board. Community managers can leverage MangoApps' Federated search and search insights capability to simplify access to frequently queried information within their company. This feature enables them to create saved searches and quick links, enhancing the efficiency of information retrieval.
- Save searches for all users: To save Search Results for all data sources, Domain admins can access the option by navigating to Tools and selecting "Save Search For All Users."
Note: If you'd like MangoApps to add support for a new data source to the Federated engine (to display knowledge/information in your domain's predictive "look-ahead" box & Search Results page), please get in touch with your dedicated CSM/TAM.
Users control the no. of results to display on each page. Users can go directly to results on page or traverse the results using the 'next' and 'previous' buttons.
Matching result items include result type, hashtags, user mention & team mention in them.
- Result type
- Each result item includes the type of result.
- Clicking on the result type tag will auto-filter the matched results for the specific result type.
- Result item will include the hashtags that are associated with it.
- Clicking on the hashtag will auto-filter the matched results for the specific hashtag.
- User mention
- Result item will include user mention that are part of it.
- Clicking on the user mention will open the user's office card.
- Team mention
- Result item will include team mention that are part of it.
- Clicking on the team mention will open the team card.
If no matching results are found for the search term used, MangoApps search will make suggestions to the user for the search term to use.
When users select items from the "look-ahead" box in Freshdesk or GitBook, those selections will be automatically added to their Recent Searches list, similar to how it works for MangoApps items.
Additionally, the "look-ahead" box allows users to copy a link to the search results in Freshdesk and GitBook.
When you search using the search box, you will receive quick links related to the page and its subpages. You will be redirected to the respective associated pages by clicking these links, allowing you to access the desired content directly.
For domain administrators, there is an option to save Search Results for all data sources by navigating to Tools > Save Search For All Users. This feature allows administrators to store search results and make them accessible to all users within the domain.