Replace traditional email with an immersive messaging system
To access your messages, locate and select the Messages Module from the left-hand navigation menu. The specific location may vary depending on how your navigation panel is organized.
Private Messages On Navigation
- 1.Search in Messages: Search keywords within your messages to quickly find information
- 2.Private Message Settings: Configure your message settings
- Select display order for messages: Choose whether to have the Oldest Reply on Top or the Newest Reply on Top
- Receive story collection request: A "story" refers to well wishes or messages shared by employees to celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries. The system collects these well wishes from coworkers and presents them as stories in a single feed. Additionally, the system allows users to edit their submitted stories until the milestone day. For Admins, the automation feature allows the system to send out greetings and collect these stories, providing timely and personalized greetings to employees on their special occasions. These stories contribute to fostering workplace connections, boosting engagement, and promoting a positive company culture.
- 3.New Message: Compose a new message.
- To: To streamline communication within your organization, the Messages feature seamlessly integrates with your company directory. This integration allows you to easily send messages to anyone within your organization. You can access the Messages feature and connect with colleagues, teams, and departments directly from your domain, ensuring
- : Click this icon to toggle between a Rich Text Editor and the Simple Text Editor
- : Senders & recipients can use .GIFs in their Messages
- : Senders & recipients can use Emojis in their Messages
- Attach: Enrich your Messages with pictures, videos, and files for seamless media sharing in your organization. Enhance communication and collaboration with visual content and convenient file attachments.
- Allow Replies: To send one-way broadcast-style Messages, disable the Allow Replies option. This ensures that the information is delivered for reading purposes only and prevents excessive responses in recipients' inboxes.
- Read Receipt: This feature enables mandatory acknowledgment of a Message without requiring a reply.
- Send: Send your Message or saved it as a draft for later.
- 4.Inbox Dropdown Menu: Use the dropdown caret to sort and customize your inbox view.
- Inbox: See all messages
- Unread: See all unread messages
- Pinned: See messages that you have pinned; for quick access
- Action Required: See messages that have been flagged as needing further action
- Drafts: See all messages that are in draft mode that you have not sent yet
- Archived: See messages you have archived
- 5.: Configure your inbox to show either Most Recent First or Unread First
- 6.Mark As Unread: Mark a message as unread after reading it
- 7.Pin It: Pin a message so that it appears in the pinned section of your messages as well as in the Pinned Section of your Profile menu.
- 8.3-Dot Menu: This menu offers additional tools for Messages
The Sender of a Message will have additional options.
- Add colleagues: Bring more colleagues into the conversation.
- Mute this conversation: The conversation will continue, but you will not longer get notifications from the conversation.
- Export to PDF: Creates a PDF log of the full conversation, including date and time stamps.
- Copy Link to conversation: Generate a link to the conversation. Only those that have been added to the conversation can access the link.
- Archive: This will move the conversation from your inbox to your archive folder. Users can still respond to the message and you can still get notifications from the message.
- Disable/Enable Replies: The sender of the message can enable or disable replies at any time.
- Delete: The sender can choose to delete the message. Deleting the message will delete all of its replies. Files and attachments will NOT be deleted, however.
- 1.Rich Text formatting: Toggle the icon to switch between the Rich Text Editor and the Simple Text Editor. The Rich Text Editor allows you to apply different text styles such as bold, italics, underline, and change font sizes and colors to your message content. The Rich Text Editor also enables the insertion of links into the text.
- 2.GIFs: Add a GIF from the GIF library to the conversation.
- 3.Reactions: Add an Emoji to your text
- 4.Attach: Enrich your Messages with pictures, videos, and files for seamless media sharing in your organization. Enhance communication and collaboration with visual content and convenient file attachments.
- 5.Send an IM: If the other party of the conversation is online, you can click this option to initiate an Instant Message chat window with them. Please note that this feature is available only when there is a single recipient in the conversation.
The Messages feature is designed for formal communication among specific individuals or groups of employees and colleagues. It offers the flexibility of using simple or rich formatting, allowing for professional and easily referenced conversations. It is particularly useful for discussing HR-related matters, vacation requests, and other important topics.
Additional use cases for Messages:
- Overcome file size limitations faced by emailing for sharing important documents & pieces of media.
- Get approvals via automated workflows for things such as PTO requests, reimbursements, etc.
- Collect personalized stories for social engagement via automation to celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries
- Keep all work-related communications within a secure company app rather than relying on multiple email & messaging platforms