Groups are peer-to-peer forums to discuss topics with your colleagues of similar interests, job location, or job function.
From the admin portal, click on Modules. Next, select Groups. Next, click on the
(GEAR) icon and select Configure Custom Fields.
Click on New Custom Fields. Provide a Field Name. Then, select a custom field type. You can select from :
- Single Line Text
- Multiple Line Text
- Multiple Choices (Multiple Selections)
- Multiple Choices (Single Selections)
- Calendar Lookup
- User Typeahead
- Web Link
Then, click on Save.
From any screen in MangoApps, click on Teams. Then, click on Groups.
From the Team page, click on Create Group
- 1.Name the group
- 2.Provide a Short Description Your description should be 2,000 characters or fewer
- 3.Upload a Photo for your group
- 4.Assign any desired Categories to your group
- 5.Select the Permissions for your group. You can select from:
- 1.Public- Anyone with access can join this group, participate, and view messages
- 2.Private- Users must be invited or request access in order to view messages and participate
- 3.Unlisted- This is an unlisted group. Only you and the people you invite to this group will be able to view it. Admins do not have any access to this group.
- 6.Set the Default Membership
- 1.Member- New users in the group get member privileges
- 2.Admin- New users in the group get admin privileges
- 7.Add Hashtags to make the group easily searchable You must have at least one hashtag
- 8.Click on Save and Continue to configure modules or click the dropdown menu and select Save and Go to Projects
Next, select which Modules you want to enable for the group.
Click on Save and Continue to set the Custom Fields, or click on the dropdown menu and select Save and Go to Groups.
Input the data for the custom field(s) and click on Save and Exit
This custom field will appear in the Group Summary.
Once your group is created, you can configure it.
From the admin menu, click on Modules and select
To configure settings for a project click on the dropdown menu.
- 1.Chat Settings- Set who can send IMs in the group, who can see the group member list, and who can send Important Messages
- 2.View Group- Navigate to the group
- 3.Edit Group- Navigate to the Create Group screen to edit the group
- 4.Transfer Owner Rights- Select a new user to be the group owner
- 5.Set as Default Group- This will add all the users as members of this group. New network users in future will also automatically get added to this group
- 6.Archive Group- The project and all its contents can still be viewed by the group members but they cannot be edited. Archived groups will not appear in your active list of groups. You can restore the group to the active list at any time.
- 7.Delete Group- Delete the group and all its data
To configure the general settings for project, navigate to the admin portal and click on Modules and the select Groups. Next, click on the
(Gear) icon to open the menu.
- 1.Configure Custom Fields- Configure the custom fields for the groups
- 2.Manage Settings- Manage the general permission settings of groups
- 3.Manage Categories- Create and manage categories that groups can be assigned to
- 4.Show/Hide Fields- Check the fields you wish to add to groups list/grid views for ALL users. Drag & Drop the field to change the order in which they appear.
- 5.Export Project Email IDs- Select between exporting all group data or all groups member list.