Departments in MangoApps are the collection of your intranet data and members into one centralized location. As most organizations use departments to separate job function and location, MangoApps can also separate those pieces of information so that you can find what you’re looking for quickly and easily.
This module enables you to organize the intranet around your company departments. It helps you create department pages, share department updates, news and announcements that are relevant to a department.
To configure Department settings, navigate to the admin portal and click on Modules. Next, click on Departments.
- 1.Set if you only want network and company admins to have the ability to create department categories
- 2.Set if a category us required for each department
- 3.Set if a hashtag is required for each department
- 4.Set if admin are allowed to delete departments
- 5.Click Save to save your option choices
From any page on the portal, click on Teams. Next, click on Departments.
Click on Department Tools. Then, click on Create New Department.
- 1.Provide a Name for the department
- 2.Provide a Short Description. Your description should be 2,000 characters or fewer
- 3.Upload a Photo for the department
- 4.Assign Categories to the department
- 5.Set Permissions for the department
- 1.Public- This is an open department. Anyone can join. Anyone in the network can view and post new content in the department.
- 2.Private- This is a closed department. Only members of the department can view and edit content.
- 6.Select Department Admins
- 7.Assign Hashtags
Next, select the modules you want to enable for the department.
Then, click on Save and Exit
- 1.Get Page Link: Page link to share out
- 2.Set a Reminder: Create a reminder on your personal MangoApps calendar
- 3.Duplicate Current Page: Duplicate the current page
- 4.New Page: Create a new page
- 5.Edit Current Page: Make edits to the current page
- 6.View Page Drafts: Review page drafts
- 7.Manage and Re-Order Pages: Manage create pages and reorder them
- 1.Create a New Department: Create a new department for your portal
- 2.Manage Categories: Create and delete categories
- 3.Transfer Owner Rights: Transfer owner rights of the department to another network user
- 4.Import from AD/LDAP: Configure to import AD/LDAP departments during synchronization of the AD/LDAP users. This can be done from the admin portal
- 5.Import from CSV: Mass upload all departments using a CSV file
- 6.Export Department List (CSV): Export a list of all departments, department description, permissions, and department admin.
- 1.Invite Network Users: Invite network users to join the department.
- 2.Edit Department and Module Details: Edit the department details
- 3.General Settings: Configure general settings for the department. This include:
- 1.Invite Settings- Designate if you would like to allow network users to invite other network users to join the department.
- 2.Mention Settings- Create a user friendly identifier which will be used to generate the email address of the department. It will also be part of the department link. You can also select to allow the department to be @ mentioned in updates.
- 3.Landing Page Settings- Select the default landing page for the department
- 4.Default Notification Settings- Configure the default notification settings for the department.
- 4.File Settings: Configure file permissions. This includes:
- 1.Permission Settings- Configure user upload and access settings
- 2.Configure Custom Fields- Create custom fields for use on your department page
- 3.Show/Hide Fields- Check the section and fields you would like all users to view in the files module.
- 5.Embed Department Fields: Embed code for embedding the department fields into other locations
- 6.Configure Integrations: Configure the available integrations for the department pages
- 7.Configure Department Banner: Create and configure the optional banner that can appear on the department page
- 8.Transfer Owner Rights: Transfer owner rights of the department to another member of the department
- 9.Admin Reports: Generate reports pertaining to the department. These reports include:
- 1.User Activity- A report of user actions like new feeds (of any kind), views, reactions, comments and replies on activities during a specific time-period.
- 2.Influencers- A report of user actions like new feeds (of any kind), views, reactions, comments and replies on activities during a specific time-period.
- 3.Content Statistics- A report of top content by number of reactions, comments, views and times it's been pinned to know what the team is being used for during a specific time-period.
- 4.Page Views- A report showing the number of views on team pages during a specific time-period.
- 5.Questions and Answers- A report of questions and the first answer along with the time it took to get the first answer during a specific time-period.
- 6.Team Usage- A report on usage trend with number of feeds (of any kind), reactions, comments, replies and views to know if a team is being used during a specific time-period.
- 7.Files Activity- A report capturing all the activities on files during a specific time-period.
- 8.Recognitions- A report on recognitions given during a specific time-period.
- 9.Media Gallery Activity- A report capturing the media uploaded during a specific time period.
- 10.Merge: Merge one department into another.
- 1.The photo, description, privacy, categories and all settings of the team in which 'Finance' is merged will be used on completion of the merge.
- 2.All content from 'Finance' will be available in the merged team.
- 3.Duplicate titles will be re-named automatically. [Example: A duplicate post with name 'Best Practices' in 'Finance' will get renamed to 'Best Practices - Finance' in the merged team].
- 4.All members of 'Finance' will automatically become members of the merged team.
- 5.Any deleted entries of 'Finance' present in trashcan will be permanently deleted on completion of the merge.
- 11.Export: Export out data from the department. This data includes:
- 1.All Data
- 2.Member Info Only
- 3.Chat History Only
- 12.Archive: Archive the department. The department and all its contents can still be viewed by the department members but they cannot be edited. Archived department will not appear in your active list of departments. You can restore the department to the active list at any time.
- 13.Delete: Delete the group and all of its content.
You can search for users to add users on an individual basis. You can also import users using a CSV file.
You can also use the following process:
- 1.Select the desired users from the list
- 2.Click on Add
- 3.Click on Invite
- 1.Upload Setting- Configure if any user with upload privileges on the folder can upload files (This includes users who are NOT members of the department) or if only you and other admins can upload new files.
- 2.Member Permissions- Set the default permissions networks users have on all files and folder in the department. You can select between:
- 4.Viewer (No download)
- 5.No Access
- 3.Non-Member Permission- Set the default permissions that non-members have on all files and folders in the department. You can select between:
- 4.Viewer (No download)
- 4.Public Access- Enable public sharing of files and folders from the department
- 5.Sync Settings- Enable file sync from the departments on a user's desktop/Mac
- 6.Cancel/Save- Cancel or Save your changes