Feature rich workspaces allowing users to easily collaborate on projects online to get results
MangoApps Projects are the most feature rich team workspaces for peer-to-peer collaboration. Projects have an activity stream and members list at a minimum, and have 14 additional modules that can be added to suit your unique project’s needs. Projects come complete with timelines, collaborative tasking, localization, and can give you snapshots of progress with customizable health settings, analytics and task reporting. Projects are geared toward getting your projects done in less time with better visibility and communication within your teams, both internally and externally with partners or customers.
From the app, select Teams, you may need to click on More, in order to see this option.
Next, select Projects
- 1.My Projects: All projects that you are a member of
- 2.All Projects: All projects in the network that aren't unlisted
- 3.Filter: Filter listed projects by category
- 4.Create a Project: Click the plus sign to create a new project
From the Projects page, click on the plus sign
- 1.Name your project
- 2.Provide a short description
- 3.Choose a photo for your project. If you do not upload an image, the default image will be a colored circle with the first letter of the project
- 4.Select the default Permission level for the group. You can select between:
- 1.Public: Anyone with access can join this project, participate and view messages
- 2.Private: Users muse be invited or request access in order to view messages and participate
- 3.Unlisted: This is an unlisted project. Only you and the people you invite to this project will be able to view it. Admin does not have any access to this project
- 5.Select the Default Membership of users added to the project. You can select between:
- 1.Member: New users in the project get member privileges
- 2.Admin: New users in the project get admin privileges
- 6.Start Date: When the project starts. You are NOT required to include a start date
- 7.Completion Date: When the project end. You are NOT required to include an end date.
- 8.Configure Modules: Configure the modules that will be available in your project
Select which modules you want to enable. You can select from:
- Feeds: Use this module to view recent activities of your project
- Members: Use this module to view all the members of your project
- Files: Use this module to get an explorer like view of your team's file and documents with full document management capabilities
- Posts: Add blog posts to your team's space for team members to interact and communicate
- Wikis: Wikipedia for your team
- Tasks: Use this module to add visual Task management to your project
- Trackers: Use this module to track anything in your project
- Calendar: This is your project calendar. See your project milestones and events on it
- Timesheets: Track time for team members in this team
- Chats: This module enables you to IM with your colleagues and team
- Pages: Use this module to add custom pages functionality to your project
- Reports: Share progress reports with all your team members
- Leaderboard: Top contributors and top popular members in the team
- Media Library: Use this module to view all the media files in your project
- Ideas: Use this module to capture idea and start idea campaigns inside your project
- Ballot: Easy-to-use voting module that helps communities make decisions, elect leaders and set new policies.
Once you have chosen your modules, click on Save.
To make modifications to a Project's settings, click on the three dot menu.
Then, click on Settings
- 1.Edit Team: NOTE: You will only see this option if you are the a domain admin or the team admin Edit your team configurations. Selecting this option will return to the team creation screen where you can configure the:
- 5.Default Membership
- 6.Start Date
- 7.Completion Date
- 2.Notification Preferences: You can select from:
- 1.Notify me for Everything: You'll receive notification on your mobile device for all the activity that happens in the project
- 2.Notify me for Important Items Only: You'll receive notifications on your mobile device only for important items in the project
- 3.Notify me for Admin Posted Items Only: You'll receive notifications on your mobile device only for admin posted items in the project
- 4.Notify me for Nothing: You'll not receive notifications on your device for any activity that happens in the project
- 3.Mute Team: Mute chat notifications from the team. This will not mute general activity notifications and will not prevent you from participating in chats, it will only mute chat notifications.
- 4.Copy Link: Get a share link for the project. This can be used to directs users to the project. If the project is Private and users you share it with are not members, they will see that the project exists and can request to join it, but they will not be able to see anything in it. If the project is Unlisted and users you share it with are not member, they will get an error message that states that the project does not exist.
- 5.Pin/Unpin Team: You can pin or unpin a project for easy access at a late time
- 6.Get Team's Email Address: Get the email address for the project. Emails sent to the project appear on the newsfeed for the project.