Comment on page
How do I use the project calendar in MangoApps?
The project calendar is an organized way to see your project tasks and milestones represented by duration bubbles across the days, weeks, and months for their duration. By the end of this article you’ll be able to:
- Add the Calendar (and Tasks) module to your Project
- Create a Project Milestone
- Export to iCal or Outlook
- Generate a Report
Add the Calendar (and Tasks) module to your Project
Before you can use the calendar in a project it must be enabled. Enable the “Calendar” and it’s required prerequisite, “Tasks”, by:
- 1.Navigate to the project that will have the new milestone.
- 2.Click the Admin Tools” button to select “Edit Project & Module Details”.
- 3.Enable both “Tasks” and “Calendar”.
Create a Project Milestone
Before you can start creating a milestone, navigate to the project that will have the new milesone.
- 1.Click the left-side “Calendar” navigation.
- 2.Click the “Create” button and select “A Milestone”
- 3.Follow the steps for the create UI to finish creating your Milestone.
Export to iCal or Outlook
You can export your MangoApps Project calendar to iCal or Outlook format by:
- 1.Navigate to the project that you want to export the calendar.
- 2.Click the left-side “Calendar” icon.
- 3.Click “Export List” button and choose “Export for Outlook/iCal
- 4.Look for the exports file in the downloads area of your browser.
- 5.Use the downloaded file with the steps to import to iCal or Outlook respectively.
Generate a Report
You can generate health and task reports for specific milestones in MangoApps. To generate a report:
- 1.Choose “Reports” from the secondary navigation. If the module is not there, enable the same as we enabled Calendar module in the beginning of this article.
- 2.Choose any combination of report settings then click “Generate Report”.