Comment on page
How to turn off automatic updates of apps on mobile?
We don’t push any automatic updates of the mobile apps, but some users can have settings to automatically update when there is a new version of an app. If you’re an Android, iPhone or iPad is automatically updating apps without your permission, there’s a way you can disable that from happening again, and here’s how to do it.
- 1.Open up the Settings app.
- 2.Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- 3.Under the section titled Automatic Downloads, you’ll see an item called Updates.
- 4.Tap on the toggle switch to turn it off so that it goes from green to gray. If it’s already gray, then the setting is already changed and there’s nothing you need to do further.
Once the above settings are applied, then onwards any app updates won’t automatically download and install on your iPhone or iPad, but you will have to open up the App Store every time and check for app updates.
By default, Android apps downloaded from the Google Play Store are automatically updated.
To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
- 1.Open Google Play.
- 2.Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
- 3.Tap Settings.
- 4.Tap Auto-update apps.
- 5.To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps.