Mobile Apps FAQs
You can directly attach videos or images from the gallery on your device or capture an image/video with your camera and attach the same to any new updates or comments by launching MangoApps on your iPhone or iPad.Learn more on attaching and uploading files from your mobile devices here.
MangoApps on Android asks for permission to your device’s contact list in order to easily let you choose potential MangoApps colleagues’ email addresses from your Android device’s contact list.
Contacts with email addresses will be suggested with a checkbox next to their name. Checking their checkbox and clicking “Next” shows how many contacts from your device you are inviting to MangoApps.
You have the opportunity to customize the message that is sent to colleagues you have invited. Clicking the “Invite” button will send the invitation to the contacts you have selected and add them to you MangoApps domain.
The feature list of the MangoApps Mobile apps (iOS and Android) is growing, and currently have below features:
- 1.My ProfileYour profile information
- 2.Inbox/News FeedYour MangoApps feeds.
- 3.Private MessagesMangoApps 1-to-1 or 1-to-many communication that replaces email.
- 4.ChatReal-time instant messaging to 1 or more colleagues.
- 5.Company IntranetYour Intranet’s Company News Posts and Pages.
- 6.DepartmentsDepartment teams in MangoApps.
- 7.ProjectsProject teams in MangoApps.
- 8.GroupsGroup teams in MangoApps.
- 9.TasksProject and Personal Tasks.
- 10.Files & FoldersDocuments and document folder hierarchies.
- 11.WikisWikis you can view.
- 12.Ideas and Idea CampaignIdea and Idea Campaign in MangoApps.
- 13.PostsPosts you have permission to see.
- 14.PeopleYour colleagues and fellow organization members.
- 15.SettingsMangoApps for iOS Settings
- 16.Report a ProblemContact MangoApps for assistance or to report a problem.
There are native MangoApps mobile applications for the following devices:
- iPhone / iPod / iPad
Other devices can sometimes use the mobile web browser to log in to the standard MangoApps Web Application.
Your MangoApps domain will remain secure as users connect via their mobile devices. Mobile device management can be customized by the MangoApps Domain Administrator. To configure the settings for mobile security navigate to “Security” from the admin portal.Learn more on the security settings for mobile access to be managed from the admin portal here.
C2DM for the Android Mobile Client is “Cloud to Device Messaging”, a lightweight mechanism to tell your Android device running MangoApps that there’s content available on the MangoApps server. Some characteristics of C2DM are:
- MangoApps does not need to be running to receive C2DM messages.
- C2DM uses the existing Google account associated with your Android device.
- Your device needs to be running Android OS v2.2 or higher.
Using C2DM, MangoApps can notify you of updates to tasks, projects, documents or anything in MangoApps without the MangoApps client running in the background.
All the MangoApps clients are available for download within your organization’s domain. Just log in using the Web Client and click on the “Downloads” feature.Learn here on how to download the mobile clients for your domain.