Comment on page
MangoApps for windows and mac getting started guide
- How do I install MangoApps for Windows and MangoApps for Mac?
- How do I log in to MangoApps for Windows and MangoApps for Mac?
- How is MangoApps for Windows and MangoApps for Mac Organized?
- What settings can I change from the “Gear” menu?
- What information can I get from the “Help” menu?
- What changes can I make from the top-level UI?
- What is the purpose of the combined “Colleagues & Teams” tab in MangoApps for Windows and MangoApps for Mac?
To install the Windows or Mac version of MangoApps:
- 1.Login to MangoApps Web and click “More> Client Apps” from the left navigation bar.
- 2.Choose the appropriate client based on your operating system, either Mac or Windows.
- 3.Launch the installer.
- 4.Please note: During the install, allow any operating system prerequisite that is prompted to be installed.
To log into MangoApps for Windows or Mac, you need 3 pieces of information:Login IDYour email address or LDAP ID.PasswordYou have set it previously, or you have received it for the first time, or you have reset it.MangoApps Domain URLStated with your initial invitation email, it’s the URL that usually contains the domain part of your email address. If your email address is
[email protected]then your MangoApps Domain URL may be
With these 3 pieces of information, you enter them into appropriate text field in the Windows or Mac client.
MangoApps for Windows and Mac have tabs at the top of the client so that you can switch between “Notifications”, “Messages”, “Chats” , “Colleagues”, “Teams” and “Files”.
You can click on the top “Compose” action to start writing a new “Update” (to followers and to teams), “Private Message” or “Start a Chat”.
Depending on whether you use Windows or Mac, there are menus in the client for Windows, and Menus in the OS for Mac. The menus will have additional features such as Inviting Colleagues, Reading all the unread Notifications, Setting your status and viewing your (or other people’s) profile.
Launch the Windows application and click on the Profile Picture to view the sub menu and choose “preferences” option to explore the application settings from where you can do the following:
- Configure Notification Pop-ups
- Configure Notification Sounds
- Configure Chat Sounds
- Sign Out
- Help Menu which includes “Report a Problem”, “Email logs to Mango support” and Online Help
- These actions are also available in the Mac client but rather than a Gear Menus, there are top-level OS menus that contain these items.
From the Help menu, you can take to the support executive and report a problem or share the logs via email , additionally, you can visit MangoApps Help site in order to read articles related to MangoApps in general, or MangoApps for Mac and Windows specifically. If you can’t find an article you’re looking for on the site, please don’t hesitate to tell [email protected] what you’re looking for and they can find it or draft an article.
The top-level UI allows you to change everything in the gear menu section above as well as additional items that activate through clicking their icon, button, or entering text.
- Notifications: This tab lists all your (read/unread) notifications.
- Messages: One place to access your Private messages
- Chats: One place to access your all Chats (Private and Team)
- Colleagues: You can quickly find the person you need to chat with or communicate in from the “Colleagues” tab.
- Teams: You can quickly find the team you need to chat with or communicate in from the “Teams” tab.
- Files: You can quickly view all your sync’ed files and folders.