Comment on page
How can MangoApps team admin configure custom fields at team level for files?
MangoApps Team Admins may have a requirement of creating custom fields at the team level to better organize and search files. MangoApps allows team admins can now configure custom fields per team. These custom fields can be set for all files in the team.
Below are the steps on how team admins can create file custom field inside a team:
- 1.Navigate to the team where you wish to apply the File Custom Field
- 2.Click on the ‘Three Dots’ inside the team
- 3.Click on ‘Configure File Custom Fields’.
4. Setup the Custom field inside the team by clicking on ‘New Custom Field’
5. Enter the Field Name, Select Field Type, Check Required/Not-Required setting for the field and Save. Team custom fields can be marked as required by team admins.
Below are the steps on how team admin can assign custom fields to files inside a team
- 1.Navigate to the Team > Files Module
- 2.Select the File or List of Files for which you wish to Apply custom fields
3. Click on ‘Set Custom Fields’ and add the values to the custom fields.
4. Click ‘Save’
5. The custom field should now be saved for the file or list of files
Files in teams can now be searched & results narrowed down using team specific custom field values.