Forms & Trackers FAQs
MangoApps allows you to export populated data from a Tracker and at the same time allows you to import new data into an existing Tracker. Importing saves you from adding data to an existing Tracker using a manual process which is tedious and time-consuming.Learn on how to create a tracker and import data during creation here.
There may be several instances where you would like to track a change request in a company or a team inside an organization in order to take some action on it at a later point in time.Learn more on how you can create forms here.
If you want a tracker with its column/attributes and data to be cloned/copied from one team to another, then you can achieve this from ‘Admin Tools’ of the tracker.Admin tool will be visible to the ‘Tracker Creator’, ‘Team admin of the team where the tracker is created’ and ‘Network admin’.Learn more on how you can clone a tracker here.
A Network/Team may need to edit the design of an existing form and tracker in order to collect some additional details from different users resulting in addition/deletion of columns or fields. Learn how to edit and filter tracker columns.
Forms and trackers can be added to your workspaces to collect and store data. You create a Form first, this is usually how entries will populate into a tracker. Trackers are searchable databases that archive information.Learn how to create forms and trackers here.
With trackers, you can maintain all the information you don’t want to forget right in MangoApps without the complicated setup of a traditional database. Just like any other database, you can do data mining to find the information that is important to your company. Learn more on the Forms and Tracker module here.
With MangoApps Tracker, you can publicly share forms with just a few clicks. All you have to do is log in to MangoApps, and navigate to Productivity >Tracker. From the tracker, select the Form. From the Tools, click Share Forms and enable the "Allow anyone on the internet to submit this form. No Sign in required" tab and click Done. Now your Form is ready to be accessed by anyone on the internet with no sign-in required!
An anchor link is a type of hyperlink that is used to direct a user to a specific section or location within a web page.
To create an anchor link, follow these steps:
- 1.Navigate to Tracker in the User Portal.
- 2.Choose a tracker from the list.
- 3.Click on Tools and select Add New Column.
- 4.In the Add New Column window, provide the following details:
- Set the label as the anchor.
- Enter the description in the text box.
- Choose "URL" as the column type.
- Choose the desired Behaviour option from the list.
- Select either "everyone" or "Admin-only" from the show field to option.
- 5.Click Create to finalize the process.
Your anchor link is now created and ready to use.
Certainly! Nowthe users can attach 10 files per submission when utilizing public forms. Once attachments are uploaded via a public form, they are automatically attributed to the 'Tracker Helper' user as the file owner. Furthermore, team members are granted access to the attached files.
To enable sharing of a specific tracker, follow these steps:
- 1.From the tracker, open the desired tracker.
- 2.Select the entry you wish to share from the table.
- 3.Go to the "Tools" section and click "Share Table."
- 4.Activate the sharing feature.
- 5.Copy the provided link and paste it wherever needed. People within the domain who have access to the link can view the columns and rows within this table.
In MangoApps, you can create tables to view your information in specific ways that differ from the default view.
- A table in MangoApps is an alternative view of the underlying data in a tracker.
- For example, if you have a tracker of action items, you can create a table showing only the action items assigned to each team member.
- When creating a new table, you can specify various attributes, such as filtered rows, hidden or shown fields, sorting/order of rows and columns, and grouping rows by fields.
- Adding, editing, or deleting columns and their properties can only be done on the "Master Table," the changes will automatically apply to all tables in the tracker.
To mention someone in a tracker, follow these steps:
- 1.Navigate to tracker.
- 2.Select the tracker row where you want to add the mention.
- 3.Go to the Activity tab.
- 4.In the comment section, type the "@" symbol followed by the name or username of the person you want to mention. Alternatively, add a mention in reply to a comment.
- 5.As you start typing, MangoApps will suggest matching names or usernames. Select the correct person from the suggestions.
- 6.The mentioned person will receive a notification about the mention and can view and respond to the question or feedback entry.