Comment on page
Managing assistants for executives
MangoApps lets you assign assistants to specific users. Assistants can create a post or an update on behalf of an executive. An assistant has to be a member of the executive's team to create a post or an update on behalf of the executive. Creation of posts and updates by an assistant on behalf of the executive is recorded in the assistants log.
Admin Portal > Domain > Assistants
- 1.Allow specific users to have assistants: Click the toggle bar to activate/deactivate the feature to assign assistants to specific users on your domain. An assistant is a user who is authorized to post on behalf of another user.
- 2.User Name: Name of the user who has an assistant assigned.
- 3.User's Assistant: Name of the assistant assigned to a user.
- 4.Assigned On: Date and time when the assistant was assigned to the executive.
- 5.Actions: Click Edit to modify the assigned assistants of the executive. Click Delete the assistant(s) of the executive. When you delete, no one can post on behalf of the executive.
- 6.Add Assistants: Click the Add Assistants button to assign assistants to a specific user. You can assign one or more assistants to a specific user.
- 7.View assistants log: The assistants log displays the list of posts and updates by an assistant with a link to the content and IP address from which the action was performed. Click View assistants log to redirect you to the logs' page. See Assistants log for more information.
ONLY network admins can add, edit, and remove assistants for executives.
You can assign one or more assistants to a user in MangoApps. To assign assistants:
- 1.Click the Add Assistants button to open the Add Assistants pop-up.
- 2.Enter the name of the user for whom you want to assign assistant(s) in the User text box and then click the user from the drop-down.
- 3.Enter the name of the assistant for the user in the Assistants text box and then click the user from the drop-down.
- 4.To add another assistant, enter another user's name in the Assistants text box and then click the user from the drop-down.
- 5.Click the Add Assistants button when you have added all the assistants' name for the executive.
Assigning assistant(s) to a user
You can assign assistants for ONLY network users and admins.
Assigning an assistant adds an entry in the Audit log.
You can edit the assigned assistants of a user. To edit assistants:
- 1.Hover mouse over the user to display the action buttons and then click Edit to open the Edit Assistants pop-up.
- 2.To remove an assistant, click the X button next to their name.
- 3.To add a new assistant, enter the name of the assistant for the user in the Assistants text box and then click the user from the drop-down.
- 4.Click the Save button to apply the modifications to an executive's assistants.
Editing assistants of a user
Removing an assistant adds an entry in the Audit log.
You can delete the assigned assistant(s) of a user. To delete assistants:
- 1.Hover mouse over the user to display the action buttons and then click Delete to open the Remove Assistant pop-up.
- 2.Click the Remove button to delete the assigned assistants of a user.
Deleting assistants adds an entry in the Audit log.
- Share an update and create a post on behalf of the executive to executive's followers, teams common between the assistant and the executive along with public teams and at intranet level if both are intranet admins.
- Schedule a post for the executive.
- Edit the post/update on behalf of the executive which the assistant created.
- Delete the posts/updates on behalf of the executive which the assistant created. Posts/updates can only be deleted by the executive/executive's assistants/admins.
If the assistant creates an update using the 'Update as assistant' (
) option or creates a post using the 'Post as assistant' (
) option, the executive's name is displayed as the creator.
An assistant MUST have the same permissions as the executive they are assisting to share updates or create posts for the followers of the executive and in the teams.
Yes, an executive can be assigned multiple assistants.
Did this article help? Your feedback adds value when we shape up the help articles. Hit the smiley
below to let us know!